I love summer. I love waking up to the sun shining, birds chirping and the smell of flowers. Know what else I love? Sofia sleeping in. It’s 8:56 and where is my 5 year old? Still in bed. WOOT! Best morning ever. Both Fi and baby are sleeping, leaving me to enjoy my morning coffee and Gossip Girl addiction all by my lonesome. Ok, ok not entirely alone, Mya is snoozing beside me on the couch. Looks as though I’m the only one not sleeping. For once, that is a-ok with me.
While the kiddies sleep and I’m being entertained by Blair Waldorf and Serena Van Der Woodsen (which btw, after the 5th season the acting and story plotlines just get cray cray!! I still watch for some reason that I’m unsure of) I’ll entertain you with my ‘Summer of Fun Must-Bring List’..
During my first few park outings I discovered you need to carry essentials with you everywhere/every time you venture out.
Summer of Fun Must-Bring List
– Snacks: Because even though you may have eaten breakfast/lunch before heading out, kids are always hungry. Always. Actually, just bring your fridge and pantry with you. No matter what snacks I bring alone, the child will inevitably want something I don’t have. Or something others have. Like ice cream or sno-cones.
– Blanket: This one I’m still having issues remembering but it should be the first thing I pack. It’s so handy to whip out and lay the baby down on. Without one, things like this happen.. at least he was protected from the weeds, right?
– Sunscreen: I’m crazy about sun protection, applying and reapplying it during the day. It’s become a staple item in the diaper bag these days. The thought of developing skin cancer scares me and I don’t care if that means staying nice and pastey white.
– Water: This seems like a given but I’ve been known to have forgotten it. This must must must never happen as chaos is bound to ensue.. and not just by the kids either!
– Diapers, change of clothes, extra shoes: These seem like no brainers as well but trust me, even on little walks they need to be with you. Guaranteed ‘someone’ will decide it’s poop day and it’ll get everywhere. We MAY have had to dress Gabe in Sofia’s clothes, a pair of panties, and a woman’s pad in the past..you know, because we forgot. Poor guy!
At any rate, we try try try to make sure all items are present on walks. Ok, I try. I like to think it’s a group effort but it’s mainly me.
Let the summer of fun continue on!