The sun is shining, it’s Saturday, it’s going to be a great day! Other reasons why today is great…
– We threw a dance party after breakfast this morning, where Sofia tried to teach Dad some ballet moves. It was a priceless moment, I should have taken pictures, it likely won’t happen ever again.
– I worked out for the first time in months! I actually can’t remember the last time I worked up a sweat in my yoga pants, instead of just wearing them around the house. My legs are still jello-like, but I’m feeling great! Hoping to keep it up and crossing my fingers I’m not crawling across the floor in the morning.
– I successfully drank a banana smoothie. I refuse to eat the fruit, except for in baking as the taste and texture turn me off, but after working out the potassium is greatly needed, and it turned out to be quite tasty! Recipe can be found here.
– Finally organized my hot drink cupboard. It’s one of the last cupboards left to work on in my kitchen organization project. I can’t help but feel giddy every time I open the door and see the prettiness. Now I need to create some pretty labels for everything and it’ll be done! Third reorganization of the kitchen and I think I’ve finally mastered it.
– Found a way to eat more protein and enjoy it at the same time: deviled eggs with tuna. Sounds kind of weird, but it’s really yummy! Next time I may add a bit less tuna and more egg, but I’ll definitely be making them again. My next project is to make my own Larabars! If you don’t know what those are, they are vegan energy bars made with dates, coconut, and nuts. I bought some dates the other day, so I’m ready to go! Just need to get out the food processor.
– Not a big deal, but I caught up on laundry for the week, washing, folding, and putting away. Not sure what it is, but catching up on laundry just puts me at ease. Now on to cleaning bathrooms and floors…
Wishing you all a happy weekend! Hope it’s sunny wherever you are!