I’m really into watching Netflix these days. I’m still considering cancelling our cable upstairs as I barely ever watch it, well, except for The Bachelor, of course, Amazing Race and Say Yes To The Dress…yup, I love me some reality tv! Anyway, I love Netflix. I love how you can watch a program halfway through, come back and resume from where you left off, and you can watch from a different location without having to start over. That’s the best part. Now, I do wish the Canadian version had more options, but it still has some good quality programming that I’ve found and enjoyed.
Now, I don’t know if it’s because I’m off work and watching more tv than usual, or if it’s because I’m (finally!!) getting bored of watching Friends, Sex and The City, and Seinfeld a million times. Because I’m sure the number of times I’ve watched those programs is starting to approach a million (no joke). Some of our dvds are becoming scratched from overuse (I’ve actually bought a few new seasons of Friends because the original ones I bought are so badly scratched). Overuse!! How often does that happen?! Well, at least we can say we got our money’s worth.
So anyway, in a nutshell, I’ve been looking for some new shows to fulfill my tv watching addiction. And with some help from others, I have compiled a list of movies and shows I’d like to ‘try out’ via Netflix:
- Friday Night Lights
- Freaks and Geeks
- Mad Men
- The Big C
- East A
- Downtown Abbey
- United States of Tara
- Breaking Bad
- House of Cards
- The Descendants
These are not on Netflix, but I’d still like to watch
- The Wire
- Rescue Me
Ones I’ve watched so far (thanks to two bouts of the flu since January. Ugh)
- Life Unexpected – LOVED this show! I loved the characters and the relationships with each other. So sad that it was cancelled after two seasons
- Heartland – Addicted to this show! Watched the first 5 seasons on Netflix, and became so addicted I purchased the 6th season on iTunes! I enjoy the show, characters, and the horses. Every episode leaves you wanting to know more.
- This Means War – Saw this in theatres, but you can’t go wrong with some sweet eye-candy. Yum. Some really funny parts as well.
- How Do You Know – I love Reese Witherspoon movies, so I couldn’t not watch this. Pretty good story line, I’d recommend!
- What’s Your Number – Not the biggest fan of Anna Faris, but it was pretty good.
- Definitely, Maybe – Who doesn’t like some Ryan Reynolds?! Plus, it’s a cute, funny, romantic comedy.
- Little Women – I have seen this before, but couldn’t help watching again. It’s a classic!
Any other recommendations out there? Would love to add more to the list and facilitate my growing fascination of becoming a true couch potato…
Ok, ok, I don’t REALLY want to become a couch potato (and as you can see, Mya clearly does it best), but it’s nice having something playing in the background while I clean, work on crafts, and bake…